Got some burning questions that require answering? Scroll down to view our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer you’re after, please submit your general enquiries here:
OUR BOOKING POLICY
We are thrilled to offer outdoor dining at Garden State Hotel parties of up to 10 guests. Due to the unpredictable nature of Melbourne’s weather, there will be occasions when it is simply not feasible for us to proceed with serving tables outdoors. Should this be the case we will contact you on the day of your reservation to offer an alternative day for you to dine with us. Bookings have a dining duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Diners are required to order a meal.
A limited number of bookings can be accommodated inside Garden State Hotel. Bookings have a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes and all guests are required to order a meal.
OUR FESTIVE OPENING HOURS
Looking to join us over the silly season? Get to know our Christmas opening hours.
Thursday 24th – 12pm to 9pm
Friday 25th – closed
Saturday 26th – 12pm to 12am
Sunday 27th – closed
Monday 28th – closed
Tuesday 29th – 12pm ’til late
Wednesday 30th – 12pm ’til late
Thursday 31st – 12pm to 3am
Friday 1st to Monday 4th – closed
KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE
We are committed to providing a safe and hygienic environment for our guests and staff to enjoy. Our team is going above and beyond to adhere to government restrictions whilst offering the same epic service and products you know and love.
With additional cleaning, health checks, and safe socialising practices in place, you can sit back and relax knowing we’ve got you covered.
The following measures are in place to ensure your safety:
- Each room has been measured and a poster displaying the capacity is displayed in each space
- You will have the ability to view menus online via a QR code situated in venue. Scan the code and the latest menu will be displayed for use on your own device (paper disposable menus will also be available)
- Our team members conduct a thorough cleaning schedule throughout our spaces (paying special attention to high-risk areas such as door handles and bathrooms)
- Hand Sanitiser will be available throughout our venue
- All communal cutlery and water stations have been removed, we will bring cutlery and drinks to your table
- All staff will be temperature checked prior to their shift
- We will update our procedures daily in line with Government recommendations
What we ask of you:
- If you feel unwell, please stay at home. We will be serving up epic food and bev for a long time so would love to see you when you feel better!
- Please respect other customers’ space by distancing yourself when using the bar or toilets in venue
- Go cashless at the bar and where possible “tap the card”
- Arrive a little earlier to sign up and register for entry (this is a legislation condition)
- Please respect our team’s direction, they are there to keep you (and us) safe!
Welcome back! We can’t wait to see you.
WHAT ARE YOUR OPENING HOURS?
Garden State Hotel is open from 12pm Tuesday to Saturday.
IS THERE A DRESS CODE?
Neat casual is welcome throughout the venue, this includes sneakers and shorts.
DO YOU HAVE A CLOAK ROOM?
Unfortunately we don’t have a cloak room, however there are plenty of hooks and chairs around the venue for coats and jackets.
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT MY LOST PROPERTY?
Send us an email at [email protected] and we will check the venue for your missing item. We will respond during business hours.
CAN I SET UP A GUESTLIST?
You sure can! Click here for further information and to book in your guest list.
CAN I BOOK A TABLE?
WHERE IS THE NEAREST CAR PARKING?
There are a number of nearby paid parking lots such as Le Garage at 114 Flinders Street with entry via Flinders Lane or Flinders Street. Pre-book online for discounted evening and weekend rates using the code GARDEN.
I'VE BOOKED A TABLE - WHERE DO I GO?
Our friendly host located at the main entry or a staff member will be able to walk you through to the restaurant or function space.
CAN I BOOK A FUNCTION?
We would love to host your next function with us! Just click here and fill out the enquiry form to contact our functions team.
CAN YOU ACCOMODATE SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS?
We can absolutely cater for special dietary needs, please let your waiter or bartender know when ordering food and they will be able to assist.
CAN I BUY A GIFT VOUCHER?
You absolutely can! Our gift vouchers can be used in our Public Bar, Beer Garden, Garden Grill and Rose Garden and are to be used in one transaction. Please email [email protected] for further information or give us a call on 03 8396 5777.
IS THERE A CAKE FEE?
We charge a small cake fee of $2 per person for our services.
CAN I BYO?
We are a fully licensed venue and BYO is not allowed.
CAN I BRING KIDS AND IS THERE A KIDS MENU?
Of course! We have a kids menu with options at $12 per meal and have high chairs available on request. As we are a licensed venue, kids are required to depart by 9pm.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR SPECIAL EVENTS AND KEY DATES?
WHAT’S THE BEST PUBLIC TRANSPORT ROUTE?
We are a seven minute walk from both Flinders Street and Parliament train stations, and are accessible via tram number 35, 70 and 75 along Flinders Street as well as trams 11, 12, 48 and 109 along Collins Street.
IS THE VENUE WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
The majority of the venue is wheelchair accessible including the Public Bar and Garden Grill, with limited access to our Beer Garden tiers. Our Rose Garden and private function spaces can be reached via our lift. Feel free to give us a call for further information or on arrival request assistance from a team member.